OBEDIENCE 101: 8 weeks
Holiday Schedule - Sundays - This cycle only
Saturdays 4:00-5:00 pm
*Additional Classes Added As Necessary
Biscuits & Bows
1945 S. Plum Grove Road
Palatine, IL 60067
Welcome to obedience class. In this class we will cover basic obedience using marker training for your dog. Basic obedience creates an important foundation for good companionship and respect between you and your dog.
- Intro: Instincts, Marker training, Touch
- Sit, Down
- Look (watch me), Leave it. Heel
- Stay, wait
- Leash Walking
- Dog to dog, dog to people greetings, go visit
- Drop, Fetch, Chewing, Toys, Therapy Dog Info, Jumping, Barking Distractions, Place, Games and Tricks, Grooming
- Review. Advanced Training Methods Testing - Final Exam!
Everyone involved in the training, including children, are welcome to attend. At least one handler per dog is required. If you miss a class, every effort will be made to get you 'up to speed' on the material that was covered. In addition, you may audit the class you missed on the next cycle.
Please bring to class a bill or receipt that your dog is up to date on vaccinations and has been cleared for interactions with other dogs by your veterinarian.
Bring small easy to swallow treats, and 4-6 foot non-retractable leash, and collar or harness.
Click links to open and print, as PDFs contain multiple pages: